March 28, 2011

Valakut Ramp in Cebu PT Qualifier Singapore 2011

Share:

I used Valakut in yesterday's event and sadly, I finished with a 2-3 standings. I felt kind of sad since it will again be a slash to my ratings but on the bright side, it has really been so long since I used a green deck and actually liked it. I have been influenced by Red, Black and Blue for so long and I really enjoyed playing Valakut. I am actually playing the deck until it rotates out of standard 7 months from now. Honestly, the deck was not bad, it was actually very strong. I admit, those losses were merely from poor piloting. I only play tested against BR vamps, Monored goblins and Blue-Red Control. But I felt good since the deck showed a lot of promise and I think with practice and playtesting, I think I can actually be successful using Green.

So here is the decklist of the Valakut deck I used.

Creatures:
4 Primeval Titan
1 Avenger of Zendikar
1 Acidic Slime
4 Overgrown Battlement

Enchantments:
4 Khalni Heart Expedition

Instants:
3 Harrow

Sorceries:
3 Cultivate
4 Explore
2 Pyroclasm
2 Arc Trail
4 Green Sun's Zenith

Lands:
4 Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle
3 Verdant Catacomb
1 Khalni Garden
3 Evolving Wilds
12 Mountain
5 Forest

Sideboard:
4 Obstinate Baloth
2 Acidic Slime
1 Summoning Trap
1 Viridian Corrupter
2 Tumble Magnet
2 Slagstorm
3 Koth of the Hammer

Match-up Review:

Round 1: VS Valakut (W 2-0) -- 1-0

Round 2: VS Valakut (L 1-2) -- 1-1

Round 3: VS Mono White Battlecry Quest (L 0-2) -- 1-2

Round 4: VS Caw-Go (L 1-2) -- 1-3

Round 5: VS Kuldotha Red (W 2-0) -- 2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...