September 29, 2011

My Liliana Pre-Release

Share:


The last time I participated in a pre-release event was during the Scars of Mirrodin. And after freeing up my schedule last week, I was able to play again in the Innistrad pre-release event. I was very excited and was very much looking forward for this event because it seemed like yearS ago since I joined a tournament with limited format.


After opening up my packs, I knew that I had to go black with bombs like Bloodgift Demon, Liliana of the Veil, and Curse of Death's Hold. The only problem was to pick my 2nd color and upon evaluation I chose red since I had a solid set of cards for red. So I went for it.


Although I cannot remember my decklist anymore. I was pretty happy with the deck I built and was sure that it was strong. Unfortunately, even with 16 lands, I mulliganed in almost all my games leading to serious disadvantage on my part. Maybe it just wasn't my day. At the end of the day I finished with a 2-2 record.


Overall, I got cards that were usable even for Standard so I was pretty happy with the pool of cards that I had. I even had a Woodland Cemetery but since my Green cards were basically weak, I had to bench the rare land. The experience was fun and I stayed a few minutes after the tournament to trade for cards that I'm looking for in the set. Hopefully, I can continue to find time for Magic: the Gathering. Peace yo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...